Anyone can buy a bottle of black truffle oil. Now, anyone can learn how to MAKE black truffle oil! With the simple recipe below you too can learn how to make black truffle oil. Black truffle oil is a flavored oil used to enhance the flavor of foods, or used in the cooking process for a flavor twist in other recipes. It can also be infused into other products, as described below. Enjoy, and feel free to experiment and contact us to share your recipes! To make black truffle oil, all you need is two things: olive oil and black truffle aroma. It’s as simple as that! Here’s a little more detail…
Black Truffle Oil Recipe
- 1 Quart Olive Oil
- 2 ml* Black Truffle Aroma Blend
* 1ml is a great starting point. Every person prefers their truffle flavor at different strengths. Feel free to experiment with different concentration ratios until you get to the perfect flavor strength for YOU.
Directions – Drop in the black truffle aroma blend with the pipette that is provided in your order. Simply mix, thoroughly shake, and let sit overnight to allow the flavor to develop in the oil. Feel free to shake a few times to make sure distribution is thorough. You are now ready to use your homemade black truffle oil.
How to Use Black Truffle Oil
So now that you have your black truffle oil, what should you make!? The options are endless. Because black truffles are stronger in flavor and taste than white truffles, they lend themselves towards use in more robust dishes. Here are a few ideas on how to use black truffle oil in your recipes:
- Chicken – classic combination
- Sauces – the possibilities are endless
- Wild Mushroom Ragout – so easy yet sounds so difficult
- Mashed Potatoes – change up an old routine
- Pizza – truffles and cheese
- Popcorn – yum!